Partnership @ Pipeline.church
The Bible sets some pretty clear standards for people who claim to be "in Christ". The goal of each of us, as we partner together with other believers, should be to continually be on a trajectory of growth and discipleship. Here are some scriptures that we believe set the tone for our commitment to growth in Christ daily:
- "O God, Listen to my cry! Hear my Prayer"- Psalm 61:1
- "But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer."- Psalm 66:19
- "But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer." -Luke 5:16
- "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart." -Colossians 4:2
When you give to the church we are allowing the church to help grow the community even more! Not only in the lives of the partners of the church but also non-believers who are not yet followers of Christ. God is very clear in the Bible about Giving. Here are some verse that show us how to give in the way that God has shown us!
- "You must set aside a tithe of your crops- one tenth of all the crops you harvest each year." -Deuteronomy 14:22
- "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my temple. If you do I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!" -Malachi 3:10
- "You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves a person who gives cheerfully." -2 Corinthians 9:7
Serving blesses others but also strengthens our relationship with God. We all have gifts and talents, none of which are the same! What an awesome thing to be able to serve in the area that we feel led to the most! The Bible gives some guidance on what it looks like to serve in the church.
- "Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else." -Mark 9:35
- "The greatest among you must be a servant." -Matthew 23:11
- "Dear children, lets not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions." -1 John 3:18
- "There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord." -1 Corinthians 12:5
- "God has given each of you a gift from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another." -1 Peter 4:10
This is the meat and potatoes. This is where doing life together really counts. When you start to get to know people and become real with people this is where the real growth occurs. Loving God is important, but equally as important is loving others. Here are some scriptures that we believe set the example of what it looks like to grow together as groups.
- "For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them." -Matthew 18:20
- "So let us discern for ourselves what is right; let us learn together what is good." -Job 34:4
- "All of you together are Christ's body, and each of you is a part of it." -1 Corinthians 12:27
- "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near." -Hebrews 10:25
- "We are in this struggle together." -Philippians 1:30
- "When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours." -Romans 1:12